Embedded Operating Systems
Lecture (2 SWS) 0432 L 595 in SS 2012
Announcements and suggestions will be published here.
- Course starts at April 10, 2012
- New room: HFT 101
There is no registration necessary.
When and Where
TUE 12-14 HFT 101
Dr. Jan Richling
The lecture introduces the basic principles of design, modelling and evaluation of embedded operating systems with special focus on non-functional properties.
- Properties of embedded operating systems
- Realtime scheduling
- Worst case execution time estimation
- Schedulability analysis
- Requirements for embedded systems
- Example application areas
- Embedded processor architecture
The course is component of Module MINF-SE-EOS.
Informatik: Studiengebiet BKS
Technische Informatik: Fächerkatalog Technische Anwendungen
The language of the lecture is English.
Topics and download of slides
This list will be updated during the semester.
Slides are one slide per page in order to improve readability on
screen. However, there are enough tools to convert them to n slides per page
The material offered here is ONLY for education purpose.
- C.M. Krishna, K.G. Shin, Real-Time Systems, McGraw-Hill, 1997
- Jane W. S. Lui, Real-Time Systems, Prentice Hall, 2000
- Tanenbaum, A.; Woodhull, A.: Operating Systems Design and Implementation, 3rd ed.., Prentice Hall, 2006
- Stallings, W.: Operating Systems, 5th ed., Prentice Hall, 2004
Exams are oral.
Please register for one of the following dates with our secretary in room EN 353. Additionally, you have to register with Pruefungsamt (QISPOS if possible).
- 23th of July
- 24th of July
- 24th of September
- 25th of September
© Jan Richling 2012
TEACHING / HOMEPAGE